Monday, May 27, 2019

Santa Fe style

A short 70 mile ride from Taos that passes through scenic rock formations and follows the Rio Grande river, Santa Fe is the yup-scale version of the desert SW that is both artsy and touristy on a bigger and more highly produced scale.

Santa Fe Plaza
 I ate lunch at a sit-down place just before I came across this guy selling street tacos.  Maybe next time...

Street food
I did come looking for art. Something that I really attached to and could ship home.  These deer shamen did catch my attention, but from $3k on up to about $30k, they were just a bit too spendy for my budget.  Cool back story though - inspired by 4,000 year old petroglyphs found along the Pecos River in Texas.  Very renowned artist (Bill Worrell), but hey - need some gas money left to get home!

Deer Shaman

Nice to have a down day and spend some time wandering the town and off the bike.  Still shy of the half way point, I've put on 1600 miles in 5 days, so nice to take a bit of a break before my 400 miles to Flagstaff tomorrow.  Maybe after 4,000 miles, I'll appreciate those guys with the sheep skin seat covers - NOT!

Just say no
Tomorrow is Flagstaff and then south and west.  I was going to go to the Grand Canyon, but the weather there is cold and possibly snowy, so will have to take a pass and head for the south where it's dry and 90+
A few last photos from Santa Fe to round out the story. Onward ho...

Chilis!

Crossroads

My hotel

Indigenous People's Art


1 comment:

J Choi said...

It definitely looks like you're having an adventure out there. This is inspiring me to broaden my own outlook and explore what the different states have to offer. People around me often correlate "exploration" with "leaving the country and visiting abroad". Your stories and photos confirm that there's clearly a lot to explore in our own backyard. Rock on!